Techniques have been developed to treat patients surgically:
- The Unilateral Temporal Artery Scalping Flap or ‘The Africa Flap’ for Nose and Midface Reconstruction
- Advancement Flaps for Burn Contractures over Flexor Surfaces to prevent recurrence
- Surgical Management of Plexiform Neurofibromatosis
The above techniques have been presented at Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery conferenrences in Ireland /
UK and South Africa as well as at universities in the United States.
- The developement of new surgical techniques are essential to the effective treament of patients in Developing Countries due to the unique conditions and at times very advanced disease
Training of Doctors, Nurses and Surgeons in in the Developing World
Principles of Reconstructive Surgery in Africa
Dr Tertius HJ Venter - one of the co-authors
- An Online PAACS Publication April 2013
- Pages 628
- Available on the internet at no charge.